Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > New update vs old version - Feedback
New update vs old version - Feedback

4810 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-09 20:03:49

•   Level 4   
    (107) points
    HI_TECH
    2015-11-01 05:16:26
    Hi all, i'm still on version 1.30, i don't have any wifi issues as others had/have or problems installing older updates. 

I see there are still enough people either stuck (expired subscription), satisfied (to risky), afraid (including myself) that the new version a lot of things were either 1) reverse engineered due to the ongoing ligation between ford, 2) functions deleted, e.g. tree, which never worked as autel noted being to complex to implement.

Question, do you guys see anything obvious and for those who didn't update yet, should we update?

Autel support, could you explain the reasons why this update was necessary?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-01 08:28:00 (Reply to:HI_TECH)

you don't really expect an honest answer from support lol

well its much the same as before they still haven't fixed half what should have been done "too busy doing Lamborghini, maybach, rolls Royce,Porsche etc" stuff that most people the use this tool will never see...

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-03 01:10:13

For your reference, all our newer software need to be installed based on the new system. So if you want to update the software, you need to upgrade the new system to the latest version.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-11-03 20:31:25 (Reply to:HI_TECH)

Wow you sound exactly like I was thinking and others. The new system does put a squeeze on the end user since you'll never be able to move forward with updates unless you change the file system for compatibility with autel's software. I'll just give an opinion for you to ponder. I only own the mini MS905 so special functions are limited and have available a good number of other tools to not need the j-box set-up. If  you own the 908P and are happy with available programming along with the ability to go back to previous versions it becomes a harder choice probably depending mostly what your giving up in subscription time to stand pat meaning one month left don't update but 11 months hmmm? I was on version 1.30 and was getting message for 2 weeks unless wi-fi turned off then when they rolled out October's update seemed to calm down but probably only used scanner 6 times. Followed all the update posts and didn't appear they blew the tool up or anything but was confusing since a lot of different versions were cited by others so I waited. On my tool a month ago was being offered system 1.99  then 2.00 but people were talking about 2.99 and 3.00 in posts WTF. Finally made a decision  since stupid messages disappeared  and was being offered 2.99 now which should have by-passed most of the bugs and close to current version 3.03 to update but I didn't back-up the first six months anyhow and didn't want to give up 5 months of updates for system reconfiguration. You won't be offered Car-line software till your up to 2.99 but will see your old software but don't think it'll work (didn't try) with new file system ES Explorer. System 2.99 seemed a little buggy to me but newer version 3.03 stable so far and all working. You may not be able to use older software compatible with root explorer but that doesn't mean newer software updates compatible with ES file manager can't be backed up probably too soon to tell would need 2 versions with new system so wait if that's important to you.Half of the car-line software was only to make it compatible with new file system not any more or less it seemed. Google ES file manager it seems to be taking off for android devices as a file manager irregardless of Autel. By the way the VCI needs new firmware also LOL and just trying to be informative for your decision.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-11-03 20:59:54 (Reply to:busaman)

What are you saying Busaman ever since people found out my maxisys can do Lamborghini,Porsche etc. that's all I see at the door in the morning (not). Good point though the way I look at it those cars I rather have than not but at the expense of more common vehicles being developed not good for business. I don't know about anyone else but personally gave up hero work a long time ago meaning stick to making money that's the bottom line and I'll let everyone else tell stories about what they worked on with only one question did you make money?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-04 01:36:51 (Reply to:tech54)

tech54  i do get some really expensive cars in but they don't have diagnostic sockets lol 1959 merc 300sl (£1.2m) 1948 blower bentley(£????) e-type jags etc...

•   Level 4   
    (107) points
    HI_TECH
    2015-11-04 02:55:39
    Great information to ponder on. Much appreciated!

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Techi

2015-11-04 15:03:17 (Reply to:Support02)

Hi Support02,

I have not upgraded to the new software as yet. Can you tell me what is the new version number and what Android number? Here is what I have:
    MaxiSys Mini MY905
    Android 4.0.4
    MaxiUI v02.99.00

My subscription is still valid but I have noticed in the notification that the period for update has passed. Can I still do the update. Thanks

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-04 16:16:05 (Reply to:Techi)

it will tell you when it has expired..

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-11-04 18:09:47 (Reply to:busaman)

Better you than me but really it depends on the customer how it goes for us LOL
  Total2 Pages